NOTICE - MARCH 30, 2020
Financial Relief for Residents and Businesses (COVID-19)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Municipality of West Nipissing is applying financial relief measures to help support its ratepayers through these uncertain and difficult times.
Effective April 1, the Municipality will freeze any penalties and interest charges on overdue accounts. Non-payment of bills or past arrears will not be charged interest during this emergency. This will remain in effect until this crisis situation has passed. The Water and Sewer bill scheduled for May has been postponed to June.
Residents are encouraged to use alternatives for making payments such as paying online through their financial institution, at banking machines or by dropping a cheque into the drop-box located at the front of the Municipal Office.
For all updates to Municipal Services, please visit westnipissing.ca/COVID19.
Methods of Payment
In light of COVID-19, the Municipal Office remains closed to all walk-in visits. In-person essential services will be conducted by appointment only at 705.753.2250.
Taxes shall be payable to The Corporation of the Municipality of West Nipissing and are payable:
- At the Main Municipal Office in Sturgeon Falls by mail, by cash, by cheque, by debit card or by leaving your payment in the drop off box.
- At a Financial Institution or your choice.
- By Internet or telebanking.
Municipality of West Nipissing
101-225 Holditch Street
Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 1T1
Tel: (705) 753-2250
Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan
The Municipality of West Nipissing offers three (3) convenient pre-authorized payment plan options:
1. Twelve (12) month plan: Annual taxes owing are withdrawn over 12 months on the 1st of every month.
2. Installment Plan: Annual taxes owing are withdrawn four (4) times a year on the instalment due dates.
3. Arrears Plan: Twelve (12) monthly withdrawals (Subject to penalty and interest on any balance outstanding on the first of every month).