The Sturgeon Falls municipal landfill will be open free of charge to residents of Cache Bay, Springer and Sturgeon Falls.
256 Landfill Road, Sturgeon Falls
A controlled limit of vehicles will be enforced at the gate to maintain physical distancing. Increased waiting times should be expected.
|Monday to Friday||May 11 to 15||8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday to Friday||May 19 to 22||8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Saturday||May 23||8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
|Monday to Friday||May 25 to 29||8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Saturday||May 30||8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
|Saturday||June 6||8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
- Maximum of 2 cubic metres of household waste (approximately a full pick-up truck per resident).
- Waste and recyclables must be properly sorted when brought to the landfill.
- All items must be placed in designated areas of the landfill. Otherwise, tipping fees apply. Categories include: wood, leaf and yard waste, electronics, tires, blue box items, scrap metal and appliances (regular charges apply to all appliances containing refrigerant substances).
Regular fees apply for:
- Commercial or business waste
- Renovation or construction debris in large volumes
- Curbside pick-up is no longer available as part of the Spring Cleanup program.
- Household hazardous waste is to be brought to the Hazardous Material Site in North Bay.