On this page:
- Support Local
- Information for Businesses
- Financial Support for Businesses
- Resources for Employers
- Resources for Students and Recent Graduates
- Municipal Services
Here are some ways you can support local businesses during this difficult time:
- Purchase a gift card for future use
- Buy a restaurant meal from a local restaurant for delivery or takeout
- Purchase a product/service from local businesses online
- Share and post about your favourite local business to help promote their services and let them know you are thinking of them.
Questions or concerns about reopening?
For businesses to operate, they should open only when they are ready, ensuring proper infection prevention and control measures are in place.
Business owners and operators are encouraged to call the Health Unit at 1-800-563-2808 option 5, if they have questions about the requirements to reopen. Businesses are also encouraged to review the province’s guidance documents for additional guidelines for their sector.
Not sure where to start?
Economic Development Overview
- Ontario's Framework for Reopening After COVID-19
- Ontario's List of Essential Workplaces
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Ontario Supports for Businesses
Local Supports and Resources
- West Nipissing Chamber of Commerce
- Economic Partners
- Destination Northern Ontario
- The Business Centre Nipissing-Parry Sound
Federal Resources for Canadian Businesses, including:
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF): A special one-time relief fund to support businesses and organizations economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. $49.5 million has been allocated in support of Northern Ontario businesses and organizations.
- Emergency Community Support Fund: Funding for community-based organizations that serve vulnerable populations.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA): Interest-free loans of up to $40,000 to small businesses and not-for-profits to help cover operating costs.
- Canada Business Credit Availability Program: Credit solutions for individual businesses, including in sectors such as oil and gas, air transportation, exports and tourism.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance for small businesses: Loans of eligible commercial property owners so they can reduce the rent owed by their impacted small business tenants by at leasy 75% for April, May and June 2020.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy: A subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 12 weeks if your business has been affected by COVID-19.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit: Provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks if you have stopped working because of COVID-19.
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund: Mitigates financial pressures experienced by businesses and organizations through your Regional Development Agency.
Canadian Banking Solutions (Canadian Banker's Association): Six Canadian banks will work with personal and small business banking customers on a case-by-case basis to provide flexible solutions.
WSIB Ontario Financial Relief Package: Defer premium reporting and payments until August 31, 2020.
Extended Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines (Government of Canada)
Dealing with Mortgage and Payment Difficulties (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation)
- Ontario Employment Standards Amendment Act (Infectious Disease Emergencies), 2020
- Canadian Business Resilience Network (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
- COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit for Ontairo Businesses (Ontario Chamber of Commerce)
Getting Your Workplace Ready
- Ontario Guidelines for Workplaces during COVID-19
- Preventing COVID-19 in the Workplace (Government of Canada)
- Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19 (World Health Organization)
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Settings (Public Health Ontario)
- West Nipissing Printable Notices for Businesses
- Federal Support for Sectors
- Ontario sector-specific guidelines and posters to help protect workers, customers and the general public from COVID-19
- COVID-19 Small Business Help Centre (Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses)
- Support for Canada's Tourism Sector (Tourism HR Canada)
- Resources for Retailers (Retail Council of Canada)
- Resources for the Arts Sector (Canada Council for the Arts)
Federal financial supports for youth, post-secondary students and recent graduates, including:
Federal employment supports for youth, including:
- Student Work Placement Program
- Mitacs and the Business/Higher Education Roundtable (applications open until July 1)
LOCAL STATUS OF COVID-19
Visit the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit website to stay up-to-date on the latest information and local status of COVID-19.
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Ontario
- Health Canada
- Public Health Ontario
- World Health Organization
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (USA)